Monday, March 28, 2011

Pain Therapy


Soooo, I went and did it. I got my PAIN/LOVE ambigram tattoo on Friday night. Friday was pretty rough for me so it was necessary for me to feel pain. I know, I know that sounds bad. Don't judge me. Some people eat chocolate to make themselves feel better, others need to cry, while I need to feel physical pain. Everyone is different, right?

So I go to my tatt artist who thinks I'm completely crazy and asked him to tatt me up. After telling me the ribs are one of the most painful spots on our bodies he agreed to do it, since I wanted it. This was my first huge piece. I have one small one on each of my wrists and then a small one on my right hip. Go big or go home, right? So after 2 hours of squeezing the shit out of Sweets S's hand, swearing in Spanish, moaning, praying and yes, even some laughter, my tattoo was done. During the most painful parts I kept reminding myself why I was doing this. I mentally spoke quite a bit to my mom and that seemed to get me through. My heart is tattooed as is now, my body. Did this therapy session help me? I think so. At least for now it did.

Love/Pain. Pain/Love. Is there a difference?

1 comment:

Cali ʚϊɞ said...

hurts so good! right?!