Monday, March 21, 2011

Friends....


I love people. Not just anybody...well, that's a lie. I like most people, but I love the people that understand me. Who know, that at one moment I want one thing, but the very next moment I loathe the very thing I wanted. Am I bi-polar?? LOL!! Maybe. I prefer the word self-preservant. I got to talk to a girlfriend that has known me since I was 5 years old. I can honestly say, besides my family she is my oldest friend. It was fantastic to talk to her and reminisce of home.

I also got an early morning wake up call from an old friend from college. 4am early. The only thing she wanted was to tell me that she loved and missed me. At 4am. Let me write that one more time: 4 in the freakin morning!!! No, I didn't swear that badly at her, but when I found out she was OK, I told her I was hanging up the phone now and would call her back at a respectable hour.

I had drinks with my friend Kiko yesterday. I laughed so hard I snorted. It was sooo exactly what I needed.

At first, I'm not gonna lie, I was super irritated that I was woken from my sleep cuz I don't sleep well, just for my girlfriend to tell me she loved me. As I lay there trying to fall back asleep, I had to smile and thank God for that phone call. Not everyone is as lucky to have friends like that. Who aren't afraid to tell you how they feel. Time can pass between us but the fact doesn't change that there is still love there. We don't have to talk everyday for us to know we care about each other, nor do we have to hang out all the blessed time!! As long as we can steal a few moments, that's all the fuel our friendship needs to keep going strong. I'm not pulled into 5 milion directions. What I can give them is more than enough. As I reflect back on this weekend, I'm thinking all this was divine intervention for the phone call I have to have later tonight. I'm not sure how it's going to end. I'm not sure if I'm going to hear that I'm a shitty friend and how disappointing I can be or that I'm not meeting all the expectations that were set for me. If I do hear that, I'm sure it will hurt but I can also reflect on the weekend that I've had which filled my heart with love....

No comments: