Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Countdown....


I love my family. I know a lot of people say that but I truly mean it. I talk to my daddy everyday. Well, I try to. There may be one day that goes by but certainly not 2. And if 3 went by without us talking, he'd call the cops, FBI, CIA, and anyone else he could think of to do a welfare check on my ass. When my mom died, it brought our family so much closer. Death can be a funny thing: it can tear apart a family or it can bring you closer. I'm grateful that it did the latter. My family and I talk often and I do my best to talk to my nieces and nephews often. With school taking so much of my time, I've kinda slacked in the letter writing department but once school is done, I'm going to write all 11 of them as often as I can. I got to "talk" to my 4 month old nephew the other day. At first he just breathed on the phone but a couple of minutes later he was babbling and babbling. I have NO idea what he was trying to tell me but he was so damn cute!

One of my nieces is graduation from kinder in June. I know it's not a big deal to some people but to us it's a right of passage for M. I'm trying to figure out how to go home in June but then go home again in Christmas. My dad wants all of us to go down to the motherland (Mexico) to visit family and eat the best flautas in the whole world. I'm so excited for that cuz I haven't been there in 2 years. This means that I need to get my passport in order since it has my married name on it and not MY name. Family vaca's are quite the experience. It usually involves a caravan of 3-4 cars. My dad is the WORST leader in driving cuz he takes the damn yellow lights leaving everyone stranded at the red. Then he has the nerve to call us and say that we drive too slow!!! Good times!

I'm totally stoked to go home!!! Let the countdown begin!!

1 comment:

Cali ʚϊɞ said...

mmm... flautas sound so good right now!!